Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bob and Barb visit the Bay Area

My parents came to visit last week and we had a such a great time! It's really fun showing people around this city- San Francisco shows itself off very well. I also feel like just enough of a local to give tours to people but I still enjoy doing touristy stuff because it's all relatively new to me too. It's the perfect spot in which to be! Here's a rundown of some of the things we did:
  • Had cocktails at the 'Top of the Mark'- the Mark Hopkins Hotel. An amazing view of the city and the fog swirling in
  • Ate breakfast everywhere
  • Ate lunch in Sausalito, explored the Bay Model (a building sized model of the estuary around San Francisco), looked at tons of sailboats (a huge hit with my dad)
  • Found an apartment for me and Liz!!
  • Explored the De Young museum and some of Golden Gate Park
  • Took a freezing cold tour of Angel Island and a much warmer audio tour of Alcatraz
  • Drank lots of wine
  • Had great talks, laughs, and hugs
My mom shared an interesting fact with me: the last time my parents were in San Francisco together was 25 years ago...when I was in the womb! Crazy!
And last, but not least, is a picture from freezing cold Angel Island:

1 comment: