Friday, August 13, 2010

Of Mice and Men and Women


Alright alright alright so there's no Fashion Forward Friday this week. My bad. But I realized that all my 'fashion forward' outfits consist of a skirt, a belt, and a top. So, uh, hittin a dry patch here. Perhaps I need another style guide (hint hint)...
However, I've decided to post this AMAZING video of Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram singing Somewhere Out There from the Disney feature An American Tail. This song has been stuck in my head ALL week so the other day I looked it up on YouTube to give a listen. Do people still make celebrity radio versions of Disney songs? Because they should. They were so popular when we were kids! Consider this:
-Beauty and the Beast (Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson)
-Reflection (Mulan) (Christina Aguliera)
-True to Your Heart (Mulan) (98 degrees and Stevie Wonder!)
-Go the Distance (Hercules) (Michael Bolton)
and so many more.
Here's what went through my head when I watched this video. In order:
1. omg glasses
2. Linda Ronstadt's hair
3. They're both artists!
4. Fake window
5. Props dept. strategically placed a 'cool hat' in James Ingram's apartment
6. THEY'RE RIGHT ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER!!
7. The animation scenes during the guitar solo are kind of inappropriately violent/scary
8. Why is she wearing a blazer inside?
9. THERE'S A WALKWAY!!
10. They're probably in New York

Pretty soon I'll do a post completely dedicated to Linda Ronstadt. Until then I'll be staring out of a french door a cartoon moon and thinking of you (with Spanish subtitles).

No comments:

Post a Comment