Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Herrrrre


Yes, I didn't blog for a really long time. Let's just acknowledge that right now and then we can move on. Good!
I'm here! I made it to San Francisco. Right now I'm sitting on the couch (which is also my bed) in my friends' apartment with all my stuff piled around me. It was such a weird feeling to be driving down here and realize that almost everything I own is in my car. Weird. Weird weird weird. And now most of my stuff fits in the corner of their living room. Also pretty, prettaaaaaay weird.
It was a great road trip down here with my sister. We listened to a lot of Stevie Wonder and had some 'Wonder-ful' chats. I have to say, though, once you get past Redding it's kind of a crapper of a drive- just farmland and dirt and cars going too slow in the fast lane. I don't know how I would have gotten through it if I didn't have a partner in crime.
I had a fantastic first dinner in San Francisco last night at this place called the Blue Plate. Cheers to my first meal here and everything like that! Today I'm planning on exploring right after I move my car. Here's a funny thing about San Francisco: it really really sucks having a car. I've been here less than 24 hours and I've already learned this. My car is parked in a "Parking anytime except Wednesday 12-2" (for street cleaning) zone. So now I'm going to move it to a 2 hour zone while they clean the street and then hopefully get my spot back again at 2. We'll see. These are the kinds of adventures I'm having.
Viva la Frisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment