Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Right now I'm sitting on the floor of my room waiting for fresh sheets from the dryer and listening to Willie Nelson "Stardust". Lookin at this guy:
When I think about moving it's a relief to know that I can do pretty much the exact thing I'm doing tonight wherever I go. I like thinking about this lately.
Things I can do anywhere:
1. Get coffee and read.
Which, if you know me, is pretty much like breathing. Books are great little friends. They stay the same and, wherever you are, you can go into the book and be there instead. Waiting for an oil change, sitting in the airport, freaking out (anywhere)...all of these can be blissfully interrupted with a little trip to "Mansfield Park". Or wherever.
2. Do yoga.
Ok, I don't really do yoga regularly. But I have before and I can start again and yoga is always the same. It's just you and your body and a mat. All I need is, like, 5 feet of space and maybe only 4 if I just do backbends or something. Backbends- yeah right.
3. Explore!
The scenery is different but the adventure is the same!
4. Make egg on toast and eat it while watching Hulu.
This happens a loooooooot. Shows I usually catch up on (sort of in order):
Modern Family
30 Rock
The Office (yeah, it used to be better, but it's just Hulu so come on)
Grey's Anatomy (see the above parenthesis)
And then there's YouTube...
5. Organize my external hard drive.
Thatswhatshesaid?

So, yeah, wherever you go, there you are. And wherever you go you can still do the things that are familiar and keep you grounded. If I were to make a mantra out of this it would be: I am me, wherever I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment